- the bachelor's and master's programmes of the Conservatorium van Amsterdam are fulltime study programmes. Please read
the information on the website before applying.
- if you are a student at the UvA, please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
stating your name, your address details and the course you wish to enrol in.
The AEMA programme is only possible at the POP-department
NB You need a bachelor degree to be accepted
as a master student.
Yes No Degree will be completed this year
Please fill in the institution of your Bachelors diploma
What was the date of your graduation?
More information about the EUJAM programme on this page.
Indicate your preferred institutes for the 2nd and 3rd semesters.
Below we ask you to mention any academic study programme you have followed (other than musical education). Give name of
institute, name of the programme and whether and (if so) when you obtained a certificate or diploma.
Below we ask you to mention your musical education (no professional study). Write down instrument, teacher, period etc.
Higher musical education
Below we ask you to mention any previous study at a conservatory. Give name of institute, instrument, teacher, period and
whether you have obtained a certificate or diploma.
Other application or study
You may indicate up to three teachers of your preference below
Accompaniment at the entrance exam
- At the practical entrance examinination it is possible to be accompanied by a jazz trio (piano, bass, drums and possibly
- Jazz vocal candidates will always be accompanied by a conservatory combo.
- Classical candidates will be accompanied by a pianist.
- At the practical entrance examinination it is possible to be accompanied by a teachersband
Protfolio and research
Please upload a portfolio with concert programmes you have conducted
The research component belongs to the core curriculum of the master’s programme. In brief, each student in the master’s
programme has to conduct research that is ideally directly linked with their principal subject and leads to a paper, a presentation
or a lecture recital. The research of each master’s student is supervised on an individual basis by research supervisors.
Regarding research topics: students are advised to choose research topics that are closely related to their own artistic practice
and continuing development.
Please upload max 1 A4 including:
1. Title of your research
2. Research question
3. Motivation/rationale and goal of your research project (for your own artistic practice as well as for others)
4. Methodology (give an indication of the methods you will use)
5. Research contextualisation (how does the research relate to the state of the art in the field of inquiry and to what others
6. Research process (including information on sources, media, information obtained from networks of colleagues/experts/teachers,
etc.) and planning
7. Chosen format of documentation (research paper or thesis)
If you have a website with recordings/videos, write down the link.
For applicants of the classical or jazz department
For some instruments (see the information for your instrument on the website) there is a preselection based on recordings
or videos. Notate the links to your material on YouTube, Soundcloud etc.
Give title, composer, description and other information in the text field.
For applicants of the pop department
A pre-selection will take place on the basis of recordings (see the information on the website). Because we focus on the
musician as a creator and team player, we ask you to present at least two of your own compositions. This may also be your
own band or collaboration, as long as it is original music. Please include the links to your material on Soundcloud
(No Youtube, Dropbox or any other platform) and in the space below the title, composer, and other information. Also
tell us something about the writing process of this song. If track 3 is a cover: write down why you choose this track.
Please add active links to video recordings of three operatic arias in different styles and in at least two different languages.
At least one operatic aria/scene include a recitative.
Please upload the following documents (in PDF format) depending on the chosen study.